Rebecca L. Borkholder
Notary, Registrar

Office Hours
 Monday           8:00 AM – 12:00 PM &  1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday            9:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday      8:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Thursday          8:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM

Payments acceptable:

  • Cash –  Please bring exact amount, the Town Clerk is unable to make large amounts of change.
  • Checks and money orders made payable to “Town of Alabama”
  • Credit Cards – Payment must be made in person and includes an additional fee of $1.75 for charges up to $64.00 charge and 2.75% for charges $65.00 and up.


All dogs in New York State must be licensed by the age of four (4) months. Proof of a current rabies vaccination is required. Spayed and neutered dogs are licensed at a reduced fee upon presentation of a veterinarian’s certification. The license fees are $7.00 spayed/neutered & $15.00 unspayed/unneutered. The license is renewable annually in June. Unlicensed & Dangerous Dog Fines set by NYS Department of Agriculture & Markets.

Dog Control Officer:  Genesee County Sheriff.  Phone:  585-343-6410.

Dog License Fees

Vital Records

Birth Certificates

All births that occur in the Town of Alabama are filed with the Town Clerk and a birth certificate is issued. Our birth records date back to 1882. The fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $10.

Death Certificates

All deaths which occur in the Town of Alabama are filed with the Town Clerk. Death records date back to 1882. Certified copies are available to immediate family members for a fee of $10 per copy.

Genealogy Requests

Birth, Death and Marriage records are available as far back as 1882. The fee for Genealogical copies is $6.00.


The Town Clerk is available during regular business hours to notarize documents for Town residents. Photo identification must be presented and the person whose signature is to be notarized must sign the document in the presence of the Notary and must take an oath or make an affirmation as to the truthfulness of the information contained within the document. There is no charge for this service.

Handicap Parking Permits

The Town Clerk issues Temporary and Permanent Handicap Parking Permits. A Physician Form must be completed verifying that an individual is in need of a Handicap Parking Permit. This form or a letter from the physician on his or hers letterhead must be presented to the Town Clerk as well as a Government issued photo I.D. License plates are issued through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.

Freedom of Information Law

The Freedom of Information Law provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. However an agency does not have to create a new document in order to provide the individual the requested information.

A Records Access application is filled out by the individual requesting the information. If possible you should supply dates, titles, file designations, or any other information that will help find the requested records.

Within 5 business days of the receipt of written request for a record reasonable described, the agency must make the record available, deny access in writing giving the reasons for denial, or furnish the written acknowledgement of receipt of the request and a statement of the approximate date when the request will be granted or denied.

Copies – $0.50 per page

A fee for copy of other records may be charged based upon the actual cost of reproduction.

Obtaining Records via Email:
The Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) (NYS Public Officers Law, Sec. 87, Article 6) assures the public’s right to obtain government documents and records. FOIL requests must be in writing and must contain the date, a clear description of the information being requested, the requestor’s name and mailing address, and the number of copies requested.

Click here to get a “PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST” fill-in form in PDF.

FOIL requests may be e-mailed: or USPS mail or hand-delivered to:

Town of Alabama
Town Clerk
2218 Judge Road
Oakfield, NY 14125


Please check out all that is offered at NYS DEC Website –

Conservation Licenses – Hunting and Fishing License fees set by state. Anyone wishing to purchase a hunting or fishing license over the internet can now do so. You do not need to be an existing customer.

To do so, go to –