The Town of Alabama, outside the Tonawanda Seneca Nation, has public water available in most areas.  Chances are that, if you have a fire hydrant near your home, public water is available.

If you are in a Smart Growth area, a residential zone, have an existing home built prior to January 1, 2019, or have an existing building lot on record prior to January 1, 2019 a Water Supply Application can be directly submitted to the Town Clerk.

If you want to develop and build in any other place the Smart Growth Plan must be considered.  You must first file an Application for Water Hookup Authorization with the County.  The County Water Advisory Board is charged with acting on these applications.  The Advisory Board will consider the agricultural status of the property, the previous uses of the property, input from the Town Board, and other factors prior to taking action. This process can take 60 to 90 days so please plan ahead.  If approved, the Advisory Board will notify the Town.  The Town may then accept a Water Supply Application.

Residents who want to connect to public water MUST fill out an application (click here for application).